How to safelsit (whitelist) in Trend Micro
Whitelisting a domain through Approved Sender in Trend Micro:
- Log on to the Hosted Email Security (HES) console.
- Click Inbound Protection > Approved Senders.
- Add our testing domain(s) to whitelist and click Approve Sender.
- Add our testing domain(s) to whitelist and click Add to List.
The Approved Senders list will only bypass the Spam rules of HES. If you want to bypass all the other Policy rules then proceed with steps below
- Click Inbound Protection > Policy > Add.
Click Recipients and Senders and add your managed domain(s) then click Submit.
Click Sender and add the sending domain(s) then click Submit.
Click Scanning Criteria > No Criteria.
Click OK on the message that pops up on your screen.
Go to Actions, under Intercept section select Deliver now.
Use the "Deliver Now" action when you need to deliver emails immediately. When this action takes effect, HES delivers the emails without executing any more rules for the affected email.The "Deliver now" action is not recommended for use as the only action. If "Deliver now" is the only action for spam mail, all the emails will be delivered to your recipients as if there was no spam filter in place.
If you use "Deliver now" with a virus rule, make sure that you also have a "Delete" action for the virus rule. The "Delete" action takes higher priority than "Deliver now". This means that the email will be deleted first before terminating the rule.
If you chose "Deliver now" as the only action for a virus rule, mails containing viruses will go through unblocked.
- Name the rule you created and save it.
Whitelisting an email address through policies
- On the HES console, go to Inbound Protection or Outbound Protection then navigate to the Policy option.
- Choose the desired policy you want to whitelist our testing domain(s) or specific email address. Below are the predefined policies:
- High-risk attachment
- Exceeding size or # of recipients
- Newsletter or spam-like
- Probable BEC threat
- Password protectedprotectedOnce
- Once inside the policy, select the Recipients and Senders tab on the left pane. You can select either Recipient Exceptions or Sender Exceptions tab. Copy and paste our testing domain(s) or email address then click Add.
- Click Submit.