How to safelist (whitelist) in SonicWall
We recommend whitelisting our IP addresses in your SonicWall console to ensure email deliverability of our testing and training simulations.
The instructions below include information from the How can I add/import email addresses to allowed or blocked List on Email security device. and How to Exclude an IP Address, Range of IP addresses or Group of IP addresses articles, provided by SonicWall. If you run into issues whitelisting our IP addresses in your SonicWall console, we recommend reaching out to SonicWall for specific instructions. Follow these instructions below to whitelist.
Whitelisting by IP in SonicWall's Email Security Device
- Log in to your SonicWall console as an admin and click Manage.
- Under the Security Services section, click Anti-Spam > Address Book > Allowed.
- Click Add.
- From the Select list type drop-down menu, select IPs.
- In the text box below, enter the IP addresses we provided. You will need to separate each IP address with a carriage return. For a list of our IP addresses, please click here.
- Once you've entered our IP addresses, click Add.
Whitelisting by Group of IP Addresses in SonicWall's CFS Policy
- Log in to your SonicWall management page and click Policies > Objects.
- Under Address Objects, click Add.
- Add the IP information for the IP address you would like to exclude and click Add.
- Repeat until you've added all IP addresses.
- From Policies > Objects, select Add under Address Groups.
- Enter a name for the Exclusion Group.
- Highlight the IP addresses you want to include in the group and click the right-facing arrow to move them to the box on the right.
- Click OK.
- Log in to your SonicWall appliance as an admin and click Manage.
- From Security Services > Content Filter > Excluded Address, select the exclusion group you created from the drop-down menu.
- Click ACCEPT.
*These instructions were gathered and summarized–based on SonicWall's knowledgebase.